Contact: Raejean Kanter, email@example.com, 414-688-8346
Milwaukee, WI – The Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee sent the following message to its contacts via email on September 24, 2018: During the past few years, our organization has faced numerous challenges not uncommon for mature organizations undergoing leadership changes and striving to stay relevant in these changing times. Unfortunately for us, those challenges continued to weaken our organization; there are financial constraints and uncertainties beyond our control that have greatly impacted NPC, including delays in grant funding payments which challenged our ability to timely meet operational expenses; and past debts incurred, and ongoing uncertainty for member-based organizations on the whole.
Despite significant steps taken over the last few months to reduce spending and drive efficiencies throughout the organization, we are still under a significant level of financial pressure, which has required us to make some very difficult decisions. At the time of this email, we are in the process of:
- Downsizing a few staff and consultant positions at the organization
- Ceasing to use our building and terminating any remaining leases with tenants as we continue to seek a suitable buyer for the building
- Stopping the collection of membership dues effective September 1st, 2018, and freezing all current memberships, which we will re-examine at a future date
- Refraining from planning any NPC events and trainings
- Continue to offer our Jobs That Serve website
- Continue our work with the Technical Assistance for the Community Development Block Grant
- Explore partnership opportunities for Volunteer Milwaukee
- Continue to offer our Executive Leader Circles
- Find a home for the Giving Tree
- Find a buyer for the NPC Offices on Highland Blvd.
Thank you for your past and continuing support.