Leigh Kunde, who has provided exemplary service and leadership as executive director of the Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee since 1993, has announced that she will leave her position late this summer.
"It has been an honor to work with nonprofit organizations whose critical missions change lives and improve the quality of life for all of us,” says Kunde. “Since its founding in 1967, the Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee has been here to support nonprofits at every stage of their development to be strong and vital contributors and catalysts for change. I am extremely proud of our work together and I have grown professionally from the opportunity to serve. My passion and commitment to support nonprofit capacity and building community will continue moving forward.”
“Through her leadership, compassion, creativity and vision, Leigh has had a profound impact on the nonprofit community in and around Milwaukee over the past several decades,” says Josh Bierbach, chair of the Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee Board of Directors. “We are so grateful for her service.”
Highlights of Kunde’s tenure as executive director include:
● Name change from Milwaukee Associates in Urban Development in 1996
● Annual Spirit of the Nonprofit Sector: Celebration of Diversity event and Nonprofit Excellence Awards, as well as Inspire By Example Awards celebrating volunteerism in Milwaukee
● Purchase of headquarters building at 2819 West Highland Boulevard in 2002
● Merger with Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee in 2003
● Launch of Jobs That Serve nonprofit employment website in 2005
● Generation of earned revenue at 42-46% of total operating budget since 2005
● Creation of Finance Center, providing financial management training and services, in 2007
● Launch of new website at npcmilwaukee.org in 2014
The Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee Board of Directors is undertaking a search for a new executive director and plans to have the position filled shortly after Kunde’s departure, which is currently planned for July 31, 2015.
The Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee is a membership association serving over 500 nonprofit and corporate members and the nonprofit sector at large. The Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee promotes the interests and effectiveness of the nonprofit sector through strengthening organizational capacity, expanding volunteerism and encouraging collaboration. Its programs include training and consulting, Volunteer Milwaukee, financial management, and Jobs that Serve. For more information visit www.npcmilwaukee.org.